The Body Shop - Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturiser

I came across this product while looking for a cheaper alternative to my usual Lush moisturisers. With my skin inevitably changing constantly, it needed something different and something to perk it up again. After reading the product reviews and finding it on sale, I just couldn't resist grabbing this pot with high expectations. 

Price: £16 50ml 
Range: Vitamin C 
Online Description: This fresh, lightweight gel formula will give your skin a daily boost of radiance and hydration. With vitamin C, it awakens and clarifies your complexion, revealing a natural healthy looking glow. 


Before using

My skin type: Combination/dry (especially dry in winter), dull, acne-prone, enlarged pores and redness

First Impression: (18th October)
The scent hit me first, a gorgeous, uplifting orange aroma that isn't overpowering but just enough to awaken the senses. The texture is nice and light, a gel-like formula that glides effortlessly across the skin. I only needed a few dabs to cover my face, leaving it soft and even. After a few minutes, I immediately noticed my redness was reduced and my skin tone was more consistent. So far, I was impressed. 


1 week of use: (25th October)
So after a week, I managed to only survive on the amount of product left on the inside of the lid. I don't think my skin has changed much in result to the moisturiser but it has satisfied my skin so it isn't as angry as it usually is. It's also been a good base for primer/foundation and makeup in general. There's been no change in my acne which is a good sign, as it means it's not aggravating my skin. It does leave a matte finish after its absorbed, which I was worried about in case I stopped using it and my skin would go oil-overload in protest, which it didn't on the days I skipped the cleansing routine. So far, so good. 


1 month of use: (18th November)
After a whole month of use, I think it's safe to say this one is a winner. My skin is visibly less oily and my skin isn't as red as it used to be. It's not overly moisturising so with the cold weather starting, I do have to use a night cream substitution to bring back some hydration. 


After one month of daily use: very little used

Conclusion: 
Overall, I can see this being a staple moisturiser for me. The gel formula means it spreads across the skin and has a long shelf life. I would get it again, but the price is on the expensive side, so I will only grab a tub or two if it's on offer (which TBS do every week). I recommend it for combination and dull skin, as it's most effective for those types. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reasons why 'Riverdale' should be your next Netflix binge

The Walking Dead: When and Will they kill off Negan?

American Assassin (2017)